It’s contest time again music teachers! Throughout the month of December, I will be giving away four signed copies of my book, “Rock Coach: A Practical Guide for Teaching Rock Bands in Schools.” If you would like the chance to win a free, signed copy of the book you must enter by using your Facebook account by going to the Steve’s Music Room Facebook Page and:
1) Liking the original post!
2) Commenting on the original post by telling me how much you need this book!
3) Sharing the post!
One winner will be selected at random on the following dates: December 8th, December 15th, December 22nd, and December 29th.
*This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.*
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up on Facebook by reacting to, commenting on, and sharing the post and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Canada excluding residents of Quebec and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Steve’s Music Room, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Steve’s Music Room as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on November 26, 2017 at 8:00 PM AST and ending December 29, 2017 at 8:00 PM AST. All online entries must be received by December 29, 2017 at 8:00 PM ADT.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by liking the initial post, sharing it, and commenting as specified. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Steve’s Music Room. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Steve’s Music Room.
- Prizes: The Winners of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive 1 of 4 signed, print copies of the book “Rock Coach: A Practical Guide for Teaching Rock Bands in Schools” valued at $23.00 CAD. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Steve’s Music Room. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Steve’s Music Room to use Winners’ names, likenesses, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random draw under the supervision of Steve’s Music Room 4 different times throughout the month of December, 2017. Winner will be notified by Facebook within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Steve’s Music Room shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT STEVE’S MUSIC ROOM’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Steve’s Music Room, anyone acting on behalf of Steve’s Music Room, and Steve’s Music Room’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: Steve’s Music Room reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Steve’s Music Room’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Steve’s Music Room may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Steve’s Music Room. Steve’s Music Room reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Steve’s Music Room has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Steve’s Music Room reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Steve’s Music Room and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- The Campaign hosted by Steve’s Music Room is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By entering, You, the Contestant, have accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.